In the event of a power failure, a generator will provide emergency power for certain basic building functions:
- Emergency lighting and Exit signs.
- Stairwell lighting.
- Emergency Fire & Life Safety Systems
- Elevator recall to the Main Lobby.
One elevator will remain operative for use by Building personnel to assist handicapped persons / transport service crews / emergency equipment if needed.
Typically, should a power failure occur, it will affect either an isolated area of the Building or some larger portion of the surrounding downtown area. In the event of an electrical failure, the following guidelines should be observed:
- Contact the Management Office by calling 215 567 7412.
- Open draperies and raise blinds to let in outside light. If there is adequate lighting from windows, continue performing assignments as well as possible.
- Do not start an evacuation unless you are instructed to do so.
- Do not congregate in lobby areas or in the street.
- If you are trapped in an elevator during a power failure, wait for assistance. The elevator will not fall.
- Do not force open the doors or try to escape through the roof hatch. DO NOT PANIC.
- The Management Office will attempt to advise you regarding the length and cause of the power failure, as soon as possible.
We invite you to learn how to implement your own emergency preparedness plans by using the resources from our PREP website.
LIFE SAFETY & SECURITY
Become familiar with the life safety information specific to your building and location. Sign in to Building Safety Solutions to view the multimedia presentation that will help you in a crisis event.